Top 100 Fonts.com Web Fonts for May 2016
The Chaparral™ typeface is a hybrid, combining the sturdiness of geometric slab serif designs with sixteenth century Roman lettershapes and proportions. The result shares overtones with old style typefaces – but with less contrast in stroke weights. Calligraphic suggestions in several letters also add to the design's personality.
The Chaparral family is available in four weights, each with a spirited italic counterpart, in regular and caption designs – the latter intended for use at small text sizes. The design is clear and readable at text settings while remaining subtle and lively at display sizes.
"Chaparral shares overtones with old style typefaces – but with less contrast in stroke weights. Calligraphic suggestions in several letters also add to the design's personality."
Like the drought-resistant brush that blooms on California's coastal foothills, Chaparral is a highly functional and strikingly beautiful design. Its ranking at 21 in May's Top 100 Web Fonts list it is also a testament to its versatility in Web design.
Here's the full list of Top 100 Fonts.com Web Fonts for May 2016:
Trade Gothic Next
ITC Caslon No. 224
ITC Avant Garde Gothic
ITC Franklin Gothic
Neue Helvetica eText
ITC Lubalin Graph
Beaufort for LOL
ITC American Typewriter
Neue Helvetica Compressed
ITC Officina Sans
Neue Helvetica Arabic
Rotis Semi Sans
Neue Haas Grotesk
ITC Stone Sans
Monotype News Gothic
Trade Gothic Next Soft Rounded
Times New Roman
Droid Sans Mono
ITC New Baskerville
Harley Davidson Letterpress
URW Firmin Didot
M Hei PRC
- ·Brother Moto Flat-Trackin' Tee
- ·Why Apple Abandoned the World's Most Beloved Typeface?
- ·Jim Nutt: Coming Into Character at Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
- ·Iconic Transport for London logo undergoes subtle redesign
- ·Cher Got Sued For Font!
- ·10 Top Romantic Fonts on Valentine's Day!
- ·Bevésett nevek (Carved Names), vol. 2
- ·The Great Comic Book Heroes, by Jules Feiffer
- ·Alphabet Stories by Hermann Zapf
- ·Type terms: the animated typographic cheat sheet