Call for Unicode 9.0 Cover Design Art
The Unicode Consortium is inviting artists and designers to submit cover design proposals for Version 9.0 of The Unicode Standard. This is the first time Unicode is extending this invitation.
The cover design would appear on the Unicode Standard 9.0 web page, in the print-on-demand publication, and in associated promotional literature on the Unicode website. The chosen artist will receive full credit in the colophon of the publication, and wherever else the design appears, and receive $700. The two runner-up artists will receive $150 apiece.
Everyone in the world uses Unicode every time they read or type any character on any laptop, tablet, or smart phone. This is the opportunity to be on the cover of the standard for those characters.
Please see theannouncement web page for requirements and more details.
- ·New York New York, Jazz St. Louis
- ·Moving Hands (Helena Hauff Remix) by The Klinik, official video
- ·Japanese Typography Writing System
- ·Why Apple Abandoned the World's Most Beloved Typeface?
- ·Fonts Design of Childhood Memory
- ·Bevésett nevek (Carved Names), vol. 2
- ·Type terms: the animated typographic cheat sheet
- ·Iconic Transport for London logo undergoes subtle redesign
- ·Antropofagia. Palimpsesto Selvagem
- ·20 Houses. A New Residential Landscape exhibition, Wallpaper* Architects Directory