Stephenson Blake & Co Ltd letterhead, 1950
Source: http://www.flickr.com.Mike Ashworth. License: All Rights Reserved.
From the collection ofBologna, issued by Stephenson Blake in 1946. ATF copied it in c. 1951 as Verona. Mac McGrew: "The name was changed to avoid that disrespectful printers call it 'baloney' […] At the time ATF did not realize that Stephenson Blake had in turn adapted the design from an earlier ATF face, Humanistic, drawn by William Dana Orcutt in 1904" and adapted for the Monotype as Laurentian. Mikadan (Typodermic, 2006) is a digital tribute.
The script isAmanda, designed at Wagner & Schmidt and first cast in 1939 by Stephenson Blake. The design was digitally revived and extended as Adore (Canada Type, 2005). It also inspired Mecheria (Typodermic, 2005).
Source: http://www.flickr.com.License: All Rights Reserved.
- ·Surabaya Beat by Beat Presser, Afterhours Books
- ·"Jesus Music" ad for Myrrh Records
- ·Amazon Releases Ember Bold Font for the Kindle
- ·Japanese Typography Writing System
- ·The Great Comic Book Heroes, by Jules Feiffer
- ·New York New York, Jazz St. Louis
- ·Alibaba Supports Font Infringement Complaints
- ·Why Apple Abandoned the World's Most Beloved Typeface?
- ·Top 100 Fonts.com Web Fonts for May 2016
- ·Jim Nutt: Coming Into Character at Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago