Top 100 Fonts.com Web Fonts for June 2015
The 34th font on our roundup of June's Top 100 Fonts.com Web Fonts list is almost 550 years old! OK, that's not exactly true; but the ITC Legacy® Serif typeface family is based on the typeface that Nicolas Jenson used to set his famous 1470 edition of Eusebius' "De evangelica praeparatione."
The genesis for ITC Legacy actually began several decades ago when Ron Arnholm was a graduate design student at Yale University. In a history of typography class, he was able to study, first hand, a copy of the 1470 book, set in Nicolas Jenson's type. It was (typographic) love at first sight.
"One of the oldest roman typeface designs, ITC Legacy Serif clearly has legs—and continues to prove its mettle as a popular Web font"
Years later, when Arnholm was an educator himself, he began to design what was to become the ITC Legacy family based on the 1470 Eusebius typeface. The first of the ITC Legacy series was announced in 1992. One of the oldest roman typeface designs clearly has legs – and continues to prove its mettle as a popular Web font.
Here's the full list of top Fonts.com Web Fonts for June 2015:
ITC Avant Garde Gothic
Neue Helvetica Compressed
ITC Caslon No. 224
ITC Lubalin Graph
ITC Legacy Serif
Harley Davidson Letterpress
ITC Legacy Square Serif
ITC American Typewriter
ITC Franklin Gothic
M Yuen HK
ITC Edwardian Script
C Xing Kai PRC
Caslon Open Face
C Xing Kai HK
ITC Tempus Serif
Neue Helvetica eText
- ·Cocoa Marsh Instant Fudge Candy Mix packaging
- ·"Jesus Music" ad for Myrrh Records
- ·Fonts Design of Childhood Memory
- ·How House Industries Designs Its Retrotastic Logos and Typefaces
- ·Brother Moto Flat-Trackin' Tee
- ·"David Bowie is turning us all into voyeurs" button
- ·London Underground's iconic Johnston Sans typeface
- ·Alphabet Stories by Hermann Zapf
- ·Japanese Typography Writing System
- ·Chinese College Student Invents Smog Font